Saturday, January 7, 2012

Balance


[quickening/rhema] 1/7/12

Today while driving out in the country, that sounds so weird even to me as I live in a very rural area, however this drive took me into the real county (smile) and as I was driving I saw this huge oak tree along the road.  As soon as my eyes were cast on this beautiful tree the Lord quickened to me the completely symmetrical growth. I then heard the Lord say, "Balance'.  As I continued to drive pondering this beautiful tree and the Word 'Balance' I soon received the following vision...

SAW:  A lopsided tree with a single ray of light being cast onto the side with the heaviest growth.

We are to be completely balanced and many times many of us aren't.  It's easy for us to give God our Sunday's but we are called to give Him our everyday.  It's easy for us to give God our bed time prayer but we are called to pray without ceasing.  It's easy for us to rejoice when things are going our way, but we are called to rejoice in Him always.  It's easy for us to be thankful when God gives us what we want, but we are called to give thanks in everything.  If we only allow God to shine on parts of our lives then we will be like the lopsided tree... unbalanced.  But, we are called to give Him our ALL.  When we give Him our all we become like the quickened Oak tree huge and completely symmetrical well balanced in all our ways.

Oak trees represent leaders.  The lopsided tree sadly represents the body of Christ right now...even worse many of its' leaders are lopsided as well..   God is calling forth His leaders to evaluate their lives...Where is He not allowed... Where there is the imbalance.

"16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. "(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)


7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
      And whose hope is the LORD.
       8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
      Which spreads out its roots by the river,
      And will not fear when heat comes;
      But its leaf will be green,
      And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
      Nor will cease from yielding fruit. "(Jeremiah 17:7-8)

My prayer: 
Father, help me to give you my everything and shine your light into those areas that I have reserved for myself that I might be completely balanced in you.  Shine your light that I might  resemble the large symmetrical Oak tree... for your glory and your honor!