Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Root Layer



[vision] 10/12/11

Today while driving I saw this highway that had been established and built up some months ago.  I was reminded of the process that several crews took to establishing this highway.  I remember watching large dump truck loads full of dirt being brought it to build up it's foundation.  Once the foundation of the highway was established, hay was sprayed out covering the dirt hillside to prevent the foundation from washing away.  Today, as I drive by I see a thick grassy hillside well established.

In a flash as I was pondering all of this, I had an open vision of a cross section of this hillside.

SAW: A dirt foundation. Then a thick root layer.  Then a thick patch of grass.

Job 5:24-26 (NIV)
24 You will know that your tent is secure;
   you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing.
25 You will know that your children will be many,
   and your descendants like the grass of the earth.
26 You will come to the grave in full vigor

   like sheaves gathered in season.