Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rest, Perfectly




[rhema/vision]2/18/12

Quickened Scripture: Hebrews 4

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:“So I swore in My wrath,‘They shall not enter My rest,’”although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."(Hebrews 4:1-3)

HEARD: At the doctors office. Just lay down. 

SAW: Someone laying down on a doctors table. 

HEARD: I know just what to do. 

As I think about the doctors office and laying down on the doctors table, I realize it is a deliberate act of giving permission to be examined or worked on.  It's the non-verbel act of faith, as we simply concede and rest in knowing that he knows exactly what to do.  


Pondering this, I realize how many times the last several days I have asked the Lord to please forgive my lack of faith as I am experiencing a stretch in my hearing.  I have asked Him to please help me enter in His rest as He is doing this work in me.  Help me not strive against Him, but help me to allow Him to complete this work that is stretching me beyond my current boundaries.  

Fill Thy Cup: 
My child, please don't fear or strive with what you are hearing.  As this stretch is causing you to be fearful of not being obedient.  But, I see your eagerness to please Me.  What you are experiencing is My Word in action, for it  is sharper than any two edged sword and it separates and divides for you.  You are feeling the slicing action of the sword dividing the holy from the profane. You need not worry, simply apply My Word and I will do the rest.  Everything is bare before me, nothing escapes My eye therefore fret not to enter into your chambers, for I will be there.  I will give you rest, for I know just what to do.    

"12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."(Hebrews 4:12-13)