Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Strength and Power of Elijah:An Encounter




[experience/encounter] 2/21/12


This morning while getting ready for working I was feeling the Spirit so strongly and had been praying in tongues all morning.


SAW: Myself standing on a platform and lightening coming down and striking me.


FELT: A surge of heat go all through my body and felt so weak I couldn't stand. I fell to my knees praying in tongues and felt surges of heat and power going through my body.  It came as waves and I in response I was making crunch like motions as I was on my knees with my face to the floor.


SAW: Suddenly in an open vision I saw the Lord stand before me in a way I have never experienced before.  He was clothed in white and was surrounded by a whirlwind. I could see his robe and hair blowing in the wind.  He raised His arm and pointed to me.  Then He spoke with the voice of thunder as my very being shook, "You will go forward in the strength and power of Elijah".   As soon as He said these words again I felt a surge of electricity go through my body and  I just began shaking under such power.  Praying in tongues so powerfully.  The only words I could verbalize other than tongues was, "Yes Lord.  Yes Lord. Yes, Lord. Let it be Lord. I worship you Lord."  This went on for about 5-7mins.


16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”(Luke 1:16-17)


5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 
6 And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,
And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."(Malachi 4:5-6)

5 "For thus says the Lord: 'We have heard a voice of trembling, Of fear, and not of peace.  6 Ask now, and see, Whether a man is ever in labor with child? So why do I see every man with his hands on his loins Like a woman in labor, And all faces turned pale?"(Jeremiah 30:5-6) 

Comments from a friend: 2/21/12 
You were endued with His promised power.  For more than 40 years God's people have been crying out, "Where is the power of Elijah?"  and we have been tarrying until we are endued with that power.
It is also possible that the mention of Elijah is not just about power, but also connects with the stomach crunches... both of which could also point to a calling of an intercessor.

The stomach crunches are a manifestation of the spirit of intercession and it was an anointing released in the renewal movement that began in Toronto in 1994.