Sunday, April 3, 2011

Giving Eyes to see..

[vision ]4/3/11


While getting ready to go out to eat with my husband.. I was standing in the bathroom "fixing" my hair.. When suddenly I had a very powerful vision... powerful in the sense that my heart was overwhelmed...


SAW: I was out eating with my husband when I saw this older lady in a wheelchair..This lady was blind... and I heard the spirit of the Lord saying, "Wouldn't it be beautiful to give someone who is blind, eyes to see?" ... and just then I saw myself bending down to talk to this lady.. I asked this lady if she believed in Jesus, She replied, "Oh, yes!"  I then explained that when I close my eyes God shows me absolutely beautiful things... and asked her if she would like to be able to SEE those things as well..(I wasn't talking about healing her physical eye sight~ and she understood I was talking about her spiritual eye sight) ... just then she closed her eyes and I prayed for her imparting my gift of seeing to her... I asked God to please open her spiritual eyes to allow her to see His beautiful treasures.. to fill her darkness with his beauty!" ...and the family was amazed.


This so powerfully struck me that my chest was burdened with this vision...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[rhema] 4/8/11

This morning, I get up with my coffee and bible in tow (as always) and set out to meet the Lord (smile).  As I begin to pray and ask the Lord what he wanted to me know...what did he want to talk to me about...  

HEARD:  Saul. Damascus. 

Acts: 9:3-19

Saul’s Conversion

 3 As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him,“Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
 5 “Who are you, lord?” Saul asked.
   And the voice replied, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting! 6 Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
 7 The men with Saul stood speechless, for they heard the sound of someone’s voice but saw no one! 8 Saul picked himself up off the ground, but when he opened his eyes he was blind. So his companions led him by the hand to Damascus. 9 He remained there blind for three days and did not eat or drink.
 10 Now there was a believer[b] in Damascus named Ananias. The Lord spoke to him in a vision, calling, “Ananias!”
   “Yes, Lord!” he replied.
 11 The Lord said, “Go over to Straight Street, to the house of Judas. When you get there, ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul. He is praying to me right now. 12 I have shown him a vision of a man named Ananias coming in and laying hands on him so he can see again.”
 13 “But Lord,” exclaimed Ananias, “I’ve heard many people talk about the terrible things this man has done to the believers[c] in Jerusalem! 14 And he is authorized by the leading priests to arrest everyone who calls upon your name.”
 15 But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel. 16 And I will show him how much he must suffer for my name’s sake.”
 17 So Ananias went and found Saul. He laid his hands on him and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Instantly something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized. 19 Afterward he ate some food and regained his strength.


2 Kings 6: 15-17
 "15 When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha.  16 “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!”17 Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire."

This passage of scripture has been speaking to me for about 2 weeks before I had the  vision "Giving Eyes to See".  In fact,  I have this friend that I have a prayer group with and she had alluded a time or two about wanting to have her spiritual eyes opened.  This friend  is very grounded spiritually~great faith!   However, to be honest, I totally didn't feel like I was anyone who could impart anything to anyone.  But, the Lord reminded me of something Randy Clark had written in his book "There is More!" about impartation...and how you can only give what you yourself have...In fact, he even mentioned Elisha and how Elisha simply prayed and asked the Lord to open his servants' eyes..  HUM, I thought well I certainly have visions and dreams...etc... So, I certainly should be able to impart it to someone else...


When I arrived at the prayer group this particular night this friend said... "Erica, I am ready~ I want to see!"  Well, alrighty then...(smile) knowing that God had already been speaking to me about this... So, we all laid hands on her and I prayed for her imparting my gift of seeing to her...  About a week later...she started telling me of so "strange things that were happening to her at night when she closed her eyes...'  I laughed at her because she was describing visions.... Needless to say, I was very humbled before the Lord... amazing that he would use me for that purpose... Okay, let me just be honest I was SHOCKED!!  

So, fast forward 2 weeks and I get this vision...and the question,
 "Wouldn't it be beautiful to give someone who is blind, eyes to see?" 

It's interesting... The lady in the vision was physically blind and spiritually blind... I also think it's significant that in the vision..I didn't offer her physical healing... I offer her spiritual sight.. and as  I asked her if she  knew Jesus...really asking about her faith... did she have faith... affirming that you have to have faith.. as faith prompts the GIVER to give.....the real deal....no counterfeit!   

Coming back around to "Saul...Demascus" 
The Lord struck Saul blind on the road to Demascus...And while he was in Demascus he was praying..and the Lord gave him a vision of a man who would come lay hands on him and he then would see again... What I think is interesting is The Lord gave spiritual sight THEN there was physical sight... 

Also,
15 But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel."16 And I will show him how much he must suffer for my name’s sake.”

Before God used Saul/Paul as an instrument to take the message....he showed him signs and wonders ~through striking him blind physically..then God gave spiritual sight...then restored physical sight.  (...Saul was blind physically and spiritually for 3 days...)

What's beautiful is God choosing us as a vessel (smile) being filled with the Holy Spirit flowing from the throne of God, we may receive power to impart to others... 

So, the question... "Wouldn't it be beautiful to give someone who is blind, eyes to see?"  


Dear Father,
I thank you and give you praise for allowing me to have spiritual sight! I thank you and praise you for allowing me the opportunity to helps others to see you and sharing~giving~imparting to them a greater understanding of who you are... All praise and Glory goes to you...as you flow living waters through us daily...to reach your children... to bring you Glory and Honor...  in Jesus name!