Saturday, April 2, 2011

If it had been too little...I would have given you even more..."

These passages have been on my heart for about a week now...They are so powerful! I really want to share this word... 

2 Samuel 12:7-9 (New International Version, ©2011)

 7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. 9 Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes?..." 

and 

James 4:5 (New International Version, ©2011)
5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[a]?


Footnotes:
  1. James 4:5 Or that the spirit he caused to dwell in us envies intensely; or that the Spirit he caused to dwell in us longs jealously



In the OT: 2 Samuel 12: 7-9 (as I am reading it)
Reveals such a tender loving fatherly heart to his child... It just grabs me.  Who of us at anytime have said to your children, "Why did you do that...Why didn't you just ask me... I would have done it for you...or I would have gotten it for you...?"  That is exactly the same picture that Nathan is painting for King David through the word of the Lord... 

In this passage God is essentially saying to King David through the prophet Nathan... I have given you ALL you have...ALL of these things.. and if you wanted more... if what I had given you was not enough... You should have asked... I would have given you more!  Why...Why did you sin? Why did you want what someone else had...Why did you do evil in my eyes? 

Uh, it broke God's heart... He is such a giving father... He wants to lavish us with  all our hearts desires... We don't need to look and covet what someone else has...We need to go to God and ask him for it... Even as I was reading the scripture the Holy Spirit said to me, "God loved David... and David loved God.."  God loves us... HE wants us to call on Him...   

In the NT: James 4:5 (as I am reading it)
Reveals the same character of God... His spirit longs for us to cry out to him... For the same spirit he caused to dwell with in us...envies intensely... Wow, that is powerful!!  


Our God is a jealous God..

Deuteronomy 4:24 (New International Version, ©2011)

"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God."


 He wants...longs...envies...for us to call out to him... To ask Him for what we need...what we want!  He wants ...longs...envies for us to be willing to call on him in every need...He wants to lavish us with blessings... God wants so badly to be friends with us.. So He can reveal his heart to us... So we can know Him... Oh, what a beautiful God we serve... that He envies intensely over our time...over our affection...over our hearts...How can we not honor Him and the will He has for our lives... He is so loving... 


Dear Lord, 
I give you praise... I worship you!  You are so holy... and worthy of all of my time and attention... You are so worthy of my eyes and ears...Let my words bring you Glory... Let all I do bring you glory.. And Father, may every need we have be brought before your throne... and may it be given us according to your hearts desire.. May we commit our time... to establish a friendship with you... Father I love you... and I praise you and worship you with my life...that we would be friends... To bring you honor! In Jesus Mighty name...