Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Worn and Broken Bird Cage






"6 Blessed be the Lord, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.

7 Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; The snare is broken, and we have escaped. 8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."(Psalm 124:6-8)



Years ago I went though a phase where I was drawn to bird cages.  I was so intrigued by the design of so many of them as they were so very intricately elaborate.  I seemed to see them every where I went and even ended up purchasing a few of them.   I was reminded of them last week as I was adding some book cases to my office area (which I now realize was prophetic in nature).  Suddenly  I was quickened to one old worn and broken white bird cage that I had purchased during this time.  There was just something about that broken bird cage that spoke to me.   I thought how nice it would look sitting on top of one of these cases.  I currently had this bird cage in storage at our other house and I was compelled to go get it when I had some free time.

2/25/12
Quickened Memory: old worn and broken white bird cage

Confirmation (same day): My 5 year old was playing behind me in my office area and found a white feather. 

3/3/12 
Over the course of this week I have been unable to shake this thought of this white bird cage.  I know what your thinking... Just go get the bird cage and be done with it.  Well, of course that sounds simple but there was more to it than just the memory of this bird cage.  It was quickened to me, therefore there is something significant that the Lord needs me to understand.   All week long, this bird cage would randomly come to my mind.  Now it's Saturday, exactly one week since it's initial quickening and by now I am crying out to God, "Please Lord give me the significance of this bird cage?"  I found the answer in Psalms 124. 

"6 Blessed be the Lord, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
7 Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; The snare is broken, and we have escaped. 8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."(Psalm 124:6-8)

As I ponder this verse I am reminded of the all of my trials last week.  Whew, it was a rough week.  And as I am reflecting, I notice that it has been a week of snares.  It seems each day brought on a new more intricately elaborated snare.   This lead me to frustration and by Thursday night I was about ready to just give in.  I felt very much like a down trodden little bird sitting in a cage.  This left me crying out to the Lord. 

3/4/12
Quickened Scripture: Ephesians 4:7-8

7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
8 Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.” (Ephesians 4:7-8)

This morning in prayer as I sat waiting on the Lord I was quickened to Ephesians 4:7-8 with this phrase glowing off the page "He led captivity captive".  As I sit and ponder this  I am again quickened to this white bird cage.  "Okay Lord",  I thought.  So, I am pulling up the mental picture of this bird cage.  As I am looking at it in my minds eye I am remembering that the small door on the front of the cage was broken and would not close all the way.  This had such significance as this means that the cage is useless as to it's functionality.  It can't hold a bird.   

The enemy is so good at intricately designing elaborate bird cages to snare God's children that we end up look at the snare overwhelmed by it's design and thinking there is no way out of this.  So we sit down trodden and eventually refuse to even try to fly.  We fail to use wisdom to look for the broken parts of the snare.  The broken parts that the Lord assured us are there when He said, "The snare is broken."   They are there because Jesus broke them all when he ascended on high and lead  captivity captive.  This means that we are not in bondage to the enemy we are held captive by the all powerful hands of God.  The snares, though seemed intricate and elaborate, are broken by the name of the Lord.  We only need to execute our authority as a child of God and call on the name of the Lord.  When we do this, the cage will crumble because it has no power to hold such authority.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fill Thy Cup: 
My dear child, I know this week has been hard on you.  It has been hard on Me watching you struggle.  But, I needed you to understand that no cage can hold you.  You need to understand who you are.  You are not just a bird you are an eagle.  You need to understand your authority, the authority I have invested in you.  There is no power that can hold you as I have destroyed them all.  You are branded with the seal of the of My Holy spirit and must walk in the calling from which you are sealed. 

SAW: An Eagle soaring. 

Though you have the vision of an eagle you have not been executing the full rage of your sight.   I want to take you higher but you have to be able to focus at this level first.  I need you to fully seek My wisdom My counsel.  That is the only way you can escape the snares you encounter.  You were weary in the battle and ready to give in because you did not seek My counsel.  If you had sought Me, you would have found renewed  strength and could have flown above the snare.  I quickened the worn broken bird cage to you to warn you.  So, that you could see the snare that was coming.  I was providing a way out.  My sweet child I am not coming to you to condemn but to instruct.  This is an important lesson and I want to make sure you grasp the full meaning of it. There are such greater snares coming, not just to you but to all of my children.  All of My children need to understand that these cadges, these snares are broken.  They must use wisdom by seeking My counsel to find the open door that I have provided.  All of My children have to understand the power by which they have been sealed.  The very power that I used to speak creation into being is living inside of you, inside of all who carry My name.  It is that power where you will find your authority in these days and the days to come.  There is not a snare that can hold even the least of My children when they speak with that authority and call on the name of the Lord.  


My child I love with  so immensely and I am simply asking you to bow lower so that the cloak of humility can be placed around your shoulders.  The lower you bow the higher you climb and the greater the vision.  This is the way of the eagle.   


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."(Isaiah 40:31)


7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
8 Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.” (Ephesians 4:7-8)

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,"(Ephesians 1:13)

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."(Ephesians 4:30)

"who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." (2 Corinthians 1:22)

"The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility."(Proverbs 15:33)

"Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of the LORD’s anger."(Zephaniah 2:3)

"[ Submit to God, Resist the Devil ] Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”(1 Peter 5:5)

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."(1 Corinthians 10:13)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s 
Think I will place that old worn broken bird cage on the book case just as a reminder, smile!