Saturday, March 17, 2012

“Here comes that dreamer!”


 “Here comes that dreamer!..."
(Genesis 37:19)


It seems as though I have always been amazed at dreamers who know their dream. Those individuals who have had their dreams embedded within every fiber of who they are.  Where impossibility exist only when you try to separate the two.  Those who are not only the dreamer but are also the dream.   

When I was little I remember people asking my older sister about her dreams.   They would ask, "What do you dream about being when you grow up?" Her answer was always, "A nurse".  I honestly can't remember a time when that was not her answer.  She was always certain that was her destiny.   

When my oldest daughter was little and just learning how to hold a crayon it seemed as though we were watching destiny unfold before our eyes when the two were at work.  Now she is getting ready to graduate and will be pursuing a career in art and design.  

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to a sermon and was so captivated by these words, "The dream and the dreamer".  These words were so quickened to me that as I sat and listened I seem to escape a bit into a world where only my Father and I exist. 

               ["Why didn't You instill in me a dream?" ]  

HEARD:  I did. I instilled a great dream in you.  

               ["What was it I can't remember?"]  

SAW:  A picture of my earthly father.  

Pondering this vision I began to realize the significance as he was always just a dream for me.  He was killed in an automobile accident when I was only a year old and my mother never remarried.  I sat in complete awe over the realization of my dream.  It was the dream of being a daughter to a father.  

Now as I am basking in the remembrance of this dream and overwhelmed at the flood of memories that came rushing back I am thinking over the years of my life.   I can't remember a time where the dream of having a father didn't surface in some form or another.  Growing up I remember going to stay with friends and watching them interact with their fathers.  I was always so amazed at this particular kind of relationship, a daughter and a father.  What must it be like?  This was a dream that would seem to always be only a dream.  


SAW: A little girl looking up as if she was looking up at a parent. 


SAW: The same little girl holding the hand of her father walking down a long path.  


"A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation."(Psalms 68:5) 

Fill Thy Cup:  
My daughter, I instilled in you My dream.  My dream of being your Father.  A dream that one day you would allow me to fulfill, as one day you would seek me with all of your heart and I could call you My child.  For I had a big dream for you from the moment I thought of you.  From the time I knitted you together and breathed life into your lungs  I said this will be My child and I will be her Father.  I will hold her close and instruct her.  I will teach her Myself.   I will give her My dreams and My visions.  She will have eyes to see and ears to hear.  She will one day see what I see.  She will one day here My voice and she will obey.  One day she will realize that all of her dreams of having a father are fulfilled.  The dreamer will be living the dream when she walks  close with Me and seeks My voice above all others.  One day We well walk not only as Father and daughter but as friends.  My daughter you are not only My dream, but you are My dreamer.