Sunday, March 18, 2012

Going Higher


[rhema] 3/16/18

HEARD: Going home.  That is all I needed to know.

[rhema/vision] 3/18/12

HEARD: Faith scales allegiance

SAW: A wall named 'allegiance' such as you would find in on a military training base.

SAW: Someone eating slices of a green apple

HEARD: Refreshment.


Quickened parable: 
As I ponder this I am reminded of the hills behind my home as a child.  I used to love to go walking in the woods and finding all sorts of things to get into.  I was very much an outdoors girl.  I remember this one particular part of a hill behind our home that was very steep.  And I remember on this particular day my grandfather was with me.  He said, "Hum, can you climb that one?"   As I turned to look my eyes filled with excitement because it was very steep and covered with leaves which made it all the more challenging.  Well without hesitation I set out to prove that I could do it.  I started climbing and very quickly realized the struggle would be more that I had accounted for as I began slipping on wet leaves.  I would grab a hold of every little tree in my way to use as a source of stability to pull myself up.  I began to concentrate so much each step in front of me that before I knew it I had ascended that hill and was standing proudly at the top.  "I did it!" I shouted looking for my grandfather.   I then turned around to see my grandfather standing there with me.   While I was lost in the climb, he had found an easier route and was waiting on me when I got to the top.   He simply laughed when he saw my face filled with astonishment of him being there.  "Good job!", he said.  "Okay let's go home!"
[end parable]

14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. 15 Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name."(Hebrews 13:14-15- NLT)

"Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah."  (Acts 3:20-NLT)


Fill Thy Cup:
My daughter, prepare to go higher to the next level.  Set your sights above as higher than any thoughts you have are My thoughts for you.   This next level will take a stronger walk of faith.  Remember that faith climbs on the wall of obedience.  The more obedient you walk with Me, the the higher your faith will climb.    Keep your eyes fixed on the prize and you will not grow weary for I will shower you with times of refreshment.  Soon, my daughter, you will see see new heights of My glory.