Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the Cloud



[experience] 3/14/12


Last yesterday evening I was doing some paperwork and my 5 year old called me outside to look at something.  "Moma, do you want to see something really cool? Come here, put your shoes on.  I want to show you were Pawpaw lives",  she says.   Now Papaw passed away just over 2 years.  But, this little 5 year old remembers him very well.  He was her love!


As she grabbed my hand and was leading me outside,


HEARD: He descended in the cloud.  With a cloud of witnesses.  And bolts of lightning.


Once out on the front lawn, she pointed up to the corner of the sky and says, " Papaw lives in there with the lightening." I turned to look and was astounding at what I saw.  In the sky there was a single cloud that looked just like stadium seating.  I immediately turned around to see if there were other clouds in the sky as it had been a very sunny cloudless day.  There was NO other clouds in the sky at all.  This single cloud took up the whole 'corner' of the sky.  And contained with in the cloud were bolts of lightening and you could hear very slight thunder rumblings.  The lightning didn't travel outside the cloud.  I was captivated by this amazing site.  I couldn't help but know that this was a sign of encouragement for me as I am currently facing a few personal struggles. But, I also feel as though this is a corporate sign. 




12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
   with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The LORD thundered from heaven;
   the voice of the Most High resounded.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
   with great bolts of lightning he routed them.":(Psalm 18:12-14)





"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,"(Hebrews 12:1)





"21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night."(Exodus 13:21)





 18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy. 19
 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. 20
 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord."(Acts 2: 18-20)