Saturday, August 6, 2011

Read and Apply



read

[parable/vision]

[parable] 8/4/11
Earlier in the week I ran out of contact solution. So, I asked my daughter and her friends to go by and pick some up for me while they were out.  When I woke up the next moring I found this huge bottle of contact solution.  Awe, I thought... how gracious of them to get me such a huge bottle...  But, it was a different kind than what I normally use.  Not thinking anything different other than contact solution is contact solution... The following night I took out my contacts placed them in the provided container filled with the new solution.  Then when morning came, I got up put in my contacts and my eyes lite on fire... I could not get my contacts out fast enough...My eyes were very red and very irritated.  I called my eye doctor and explained the situation...They made me an appointment and got me in fairly quickly.  As I was being evaluated by my doctors nurse and explaining this horrific event...She smiled and said, "It's the contact solution, you have to allow that solution to neutralize for 6hrs before putting it in your eyes...and never simply rinse your contacts with it...then place them directly in your eyes... Erica, there should be a big red warning label on that particular bottle... Was there not?"  I simply laughed and said, "Well, honestly I didn't read the label...I thought contact solution was contact solution...I have worn contacts for 20 years".  As soon as I got home I went straitght to that bottle and sure enough right there in bright red letters:"WARNING: DO NOT PUT CLEANING DISINFECTING LENS CARE SOLUTION ON YOUR LENSES AND INSERT DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EYE. NEVER RINSE YOUR LENSES WITH CLEANING AND DISINFECTION GLENS CARE SOLUTION PRIOR TO INSERTION." Well, at this point I am feeling pretty foolish...All of this could have been avoided if I had simply read the label and followed the directions. 

[vision] 8/5/11
SAW: A man sitting with an open Bible and a note pad in his lap.  He was leaning over the Word as if he was reading it... As I watched I saw him get a small piece of paper and write something on it. He then reached up as if he were putting it in a chest pocket. 

HEARD: Hide these words in your heart.  

Psalm 119:10-12 (NIV)

 "10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 12 Praise be to you, LORD;  teach me your decrees."


Fill thy Cup:
Following the Lord is a daily choice..WE must know the WORD of God we must write it in on our hearts...and in our minds...The word says here we must do this to keep from sinning against Him. We can get so weighted down with the infectious things of this world. But, the word of God serves as a disinfecting agent... a disinfecting solution if you will...We simply must read and apply ~Follow the directions~  Sometimes these directions come in  big red letters (smile) as  Jesus teaches us His ways... However if we don't read those directions we get burned... we get injured...we are taken off course...become infected by the things of this world and we sin against Him.   Thankfully, if we take time to read the word...to pray... to seek the Father with all of our hearts...He is faithful and He will meet us right were we are and gently guide us back onto the right path...Sometimes with a limp... but that limp will serve as a reminder and will keep us closer to Him.