Thursday, September 29, 2011

Refreshment



[open smell] 9/27/11

Today, I was so tired...so run down.  And as I drove into work I prayed...

           [Father, I need refreshing...]

Moments later, while still in my car, I suddenly smelled a mixture of peppermint and spearmint.  Literally, with in 2-3mins I was totally refreshed with a new exciting outlook.  Thank you Father for hearing my plea for refreshment.  I give you the praise and glory!

Later that night, I was sitting out on my screened in porch.. just pouring out my heart to God... I just missed him..I have been so busy lately...and even though I am doing kingdom things...I just missed my quiet intimacy with God.  I know he is still here with me... but I miss him the way you would miss a best friend sitting and chatting or the way you would miss your husband after he has been gone for a while... I just longed so disparately for him... so much so my heart ached... I wanted to hear his voice so badly... And as I was pouring out my heart to him...


SAW: A river flowing over rocks and the closer it got to me the more rapid the water became...until it was like rapids flowing in right up to me. 


Normally, I wouldn't really consider this to be soothing or refreshing but it was almost as though I could feel the spray from the water splashing against the rocks...and it was refreshing.  The Holy Spirit was the water and he was flooding my soul...


As I asked the Lord for scripture 


SAW: Isaiah 54:5


Isaiah 54:5
 " For your Maker is your husband the Lord Almighty is his name--the Holy one of Israel is your redeemer, he is called the God of all the earth. "




Father, I give you praise and glory.  Thank you for loving me! Thank you for hearing my prayers my beckoning for more of you...