Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's UP with the Dogs?

[parable] 9/22/11

This morning as I left my home taking the kids to school, I had to practically stop twice in the road because of dogs.

After I dropped them off, I noticed that the PSI light in my dash board was on indicating my left rear tire was low. So, I was close enough to my house that I just simply pulled back into my neighborhood to air it up on our air compressor...But again,  I had to stop in the road to allow a dog to move.

I aired my tire up, and headed out again...got a piece down the highway and realized my phone charger was not in my car...

I turned around and pulled back into my neighborhood and again had to stop to allow dogs to move. As I left my house for the third time, and again had to stop in the road to allow dogs to move I said, "Okay Lord, What is up with all these dogs? "

I eventually left my neighborhood  and while driving I saw a shadow that looked just like a dog dart across the highway... It looked so much like a dog that my I reacted in a manner prepared to stop.  A few seconds later, again I saw a dark shadow dart across the highway, again I reacted in a manner prepared to stop.
[end parable]

[opened smell]
Shortly after I arrived home this evening, my daughter says, "Momma, I have smelled dog all day!" (we have no inside dogs. )

[vision/rhema]
Then I call Shane and as we are talking he says, "Erica, I just saw a mouth and vomit spewing out- As a dog returns to his vomit."

Proverbs 26:11
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly."



2 Peter 2:21-22
"21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[ and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”