Friday, June 10, 2011

Breakthrough...Compassion

[vision] 6/9/11

HEARD: Empowered

[Father, please show me where I am empowered. ]

SAW: Clay jar with a stir in it.

HEARD:  Breakthrough

Seven years ago in June I became a registered nurse.  The majority of my medical background has been in cardiac nursing.. I started out in a cardiac step down unit with post op open heart patients.  Then I transferred into the Surgical Critical Care Unit where I cared for Immediate open hearts, neuro surgeries and traumas. A couple of years later I moved on to do organ recovery.   God has blessed me tremendously in my career...I have always been the one addicted to the highly critical patient in a fast passed environment...somewhat of an adrenalin junkie in regards to health care...I guess you could say. 

One day while praying about a job, God showed me a door and He said, "I will direct your path."  Within minutes, a job opportunity was presented to me....However, it was in an area where I would have never chosen... EVER!  Had God  not told me what he was doing...I would have certainly allowed this job to pass me by without hesitation.  I am currently working in home health.  And even though I know without a doubt that God has placed me here I have had so...struggles... it's so different from what I am used too... ((hint: out of my comfort zone...hum...)

This has been a journey of compassion as I have walked into some of the most beautiful homes...so clean you could eat off of their floors literally...But, then I have walked into homes where there are literally holes in the floors and the dirt covering them was no different than the dirt outside in the yard....God has opened my eyes to sin and disease in a way that has moved me to tears almost daily... Many times I have walked out of a home (clean or dirty~makes no difference) praying with a fervent heart in a way greater than I have ever known.... I have found myself drawing out levels of compassion that I had no idea I even had... It goes so much further than meeting patients medical needs...These people have spiritual needs~they are in bondage...caught in a life of sin and disease and their eyes are closed.   Others as in a sharp contrast, even in their situations, give glory to God for they know He has sustained them...

Isaiah 64: 8 " Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."  

2 Corinthians 4:7 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

2 Corinthians 1:3  "3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,"


Colossians 3:12 "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."


1 Peter 3:8 "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, becompassionate and humble.

Mathew 9:36 "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."

Zachariah 7:9 “This is what the LORD Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another."

Hosea 2:19 "I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion."

Hosea 11:8 “How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I treat you like Admah? How can I make you like Zeboyim? My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused.


Sunday night at church one of our youth ministers asked me how the new job was going...  without hesitation and thought I said, "I feel as if I am on a mission trip everyday."  After those words came out of my mouth... I suddenly realized what God was showing me...teaching me...

What is so beautiful, is that God sees every part of who we are...He sees where we need improvements... where we need to be humbled...He holds the blueprints and sees all the roads a head... He is the "Onstar" of our lives...I can think of so many times over the last several years where I have asked God to open my eyes further...to allow me to see what he sees... My prayers were directed at the spiritual realm as I treasure the gifts of seeing and hearing in the spirit so much...But, Sunday night I realized that God was doing just what I asked for...He has been  showing me the needs that he sees... and it has been heart wrenching... agonizing...exhausting...As God slowly places with in me a heart like his...A compassion on such a deep level...so deep that so many times over the last several weeks I have said to God, "This is too much... to much...I release this back to you Father". Even a slow download of what God sees and hears is too much at times for me in my humanity... in my limitations...

...And so, I hear "Breakthrough" and the heart in this jar of clay is stirred (smile) because I have been so humbled by this journey of compassion...