Friday, June 24, 2011

Wash Each Others' Feet...





Several days ago during some prayer and meditation time with the Lord... I began to read through John 13 (Jesus Washes His Disciples’ Feet), very particularly drawn to Jesus's actions....


Yesterday, I was watching a telecast from Sid Roth- It's Supernatural...which contained Israeli and Arab believers washing each others' feet.  I sat so captivated by this scene for no obvious reason, but I still sat and just was in awe over it.  


Today, I went to see a patient who has been paralyzed from his waist down for years... So long that he has become very self sufficient..he has devised a way to do just about anything he needs to do...However, because he can't feel his feet he had developed a pressure ulcer on the bottom of one them from his scooter... I went today to check on the pressure ulcer and as I unwrapped his lower leg I noticed that his skin was really scaly and flaking off... Understanding it was because he just couldn't wash his feet while they were bandaged....Without even realizing what I was saying I offered to wash his feet for him...It seemed like such an obvious thing to do...but it absolutely shocked him... He stuttered, "Well, none of the other nurses has ever done it....it's okay I'll do it later..."  I just smiled and said, "Well, I am hear now...the bandages are off... Let me just wash them for you..." Still shocked he stuttered, "Well, okay..."  So I proceeded to wash get a wash clothe and soap and wash his feet....So happy to do it for him...


Heard: Servant


John 13: 12-17
"12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."

Father, I give you praise and glory for humbling yourself for me...Thank you for washing me clean... Thank  you, for teaching me this lesson I will never forget!