Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Place to Belong...


This morning in my prayer and medication time I opened my bible to Romans and my eyes were quicken to  verses 14-17.


 "14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[c] And by him we cry, “Abba,[d] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

This morning in church we had a minister and his family visiting who were in the process of adopting a beautiful baby girl...As it was told they were nine months into the process. As a church we gathered around the alter and this family and prayed them...As I prayed...

HEARD:  "A place to belong"

As a baby was finding her place to belong in a new family, so was our youth this past week... Just returning from camp they were eager to spread their good news of a fresh fire that had fallen...They spoke about their personal journeys with the Lord as they were finding there place to "Belong" in the kingdom of God... Realizing their adoption as a now child of God... Some for the first time at camp were understanding their "Son-ship"... Some spoke of their new found understanding of the cross and the forgiveness it speaks of...others accepting their call to step up and be leaders... I felt the presence of God so strongly...even now as I am typing this I feel such a strong anointing on our youth...and this morning I witness the manifestation of this anointing as the youth spoke of a vision that God has placed in their hearts... a vision to lead their school to Christ...

The last two days I have opened my bible and my eyes immediately fall on Hebrews 12:  "God is a consuming fire."  Father my prayer for these young leaders is for you Lord to create a God sized consuming fire before their very eyes... That Lord their words will go forth as your words accomplishing victory and all may see your Glory... Your manifested presence among our youth!  Lord that as a child comes before the throne of grace and realizes their son-ship a great anointing will fall and that all may see and feel your consuming fire!  In Jesus Mighty name...Amen!

I recently had a dream No Weapon Formed Shall... that speaks to us as children of God being placed in larger territories... and the enemy coming in and trying to steal our communication... our places of belonging... But, see when we are able to call ourselves children of God, joint heirs with Christ,  we have access to His all surpassing  power.. for all we have to do is call on Him... and He will send forth his angels who will fight on our behalf...return to us what the enemy has stolen...

God says in Isaiah 54 that he created the destroyer; Therefore nothing the destroyer can do will prevail against a child of God..

Isaiah 54:15-1720

15 If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; 
   whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
 16 “See, it is I who created the blacksmith
   who fans the coals into flame
   and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc;
 17 no weapon forged against you will prevail,
   and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
   and this is their vindication from me,”
            declares the LORD.

Father right now in the name of Jesus Christ I pray a hedge of protection around our youth...Lord I pray strong walls, secure walls will be built that no weapon formed will prosper... Lord that you will send forth your might army of angelic host to guard and protect our Youth...Lord fortify their faith...Father that they will be unshakable... grounded in the immovable foundation of your living words!  In Jesus Mighty name... I thank you Father... all praise and glory goes to you alone!  


*Photo provided by Creative Currents by Sandra Martin