Sunday, June 19, 2011

Becoming more attuned...

♥for Grace2244 (in repair)
Some horses are broken by whips and sheer force. They learn to be fearful all their lives. But a horse whisperer gentles by speaking the language of the horse, picking up on its subtle signals. 

Christ is very much a horse whisperer in our lives. He wants to teach us gently and guides us by the reins of our spirit. If your will has been broken by brute force and domination, know that there is hope. Rest in the Gentle Whispers of God. Let His Wind blow across your face, and the Light fill your eyes. 

Matthew 11:29 (Jesus) Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

[Dream] 6/19/11

I walked into my mother's house, and I saw donuts everywhere..in every room...boxes and boxes of glazed donuts... Donuts even in the display case (as you would see in a store) as if they were being stored while on display...I said, 'What's up with all the donuts?"

What's funny is, when I woke up I said the same thing, "Donuts, what's up with all the donuts"?

Q' Words:
donuts
Display Case
Store
Store'd

Isaiah 33: 6
"He will be a sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge"


=================================
Quickened Rhema: Donuts (from 4/18/11)

Heard: "Donuts rolling over hills."

I laughed and said, "God, what are you talking about?'

Heard: "Sweetie, you are just rolling over those trials and tribulations. You've grown so much."

Thank you Lord... I give you the praise and the glory!  For I am  nothing without you... I can do nothing on my own!


2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 
 3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters,[a] and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. 4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.

==================================

I have noticed that for while I appear to be going through a season in my life...I really did not how to label it...What do I call this season, hum?   It seems as though God has been tweaking my Holy Spirit antenna's by speaking softer...possible even testing my faith in a sense...In doing this, God is teaching me a more attuned way to hear him....

Today, as I was pondering and then blogging "Through Time and Space" I was doing some research and stumbled on this rhema from Sandy Warner  and I smiled as I realized that this is exactly what God has been doing in my life... teaching me ALL the ways he wants me to hear him....

"I needed that season of weakness to know my limitations and my need for His help in understanding  Him.   He had so carefully built our language and vocabulary.   He would speak, and I could hear. "
[end quote]
Pondering...
I find it so ironic and extremely humorous that I rarely ever eat donuts , and that is the food that God choices to reference knowledge and wisdom consumed (hum, well they are sweet and bread like)!  Makes me think about Ezekiel when God told him to eat the scroll...it was sweet as honey in his mouth.

"Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth."

"Donuts" is certain in our vocabulary! Thank you Father for building (active sense) a rich store of wisdom and knowledge a sure foundation for our communication.   I give you all the praise for helping me grow in you. Thank you for every vision...for every dream....and for every confirmation! 


Buzz Words (These are words that stick out...stand out among everything else...they often are building blocks for the larger quickened message):
Display
Store
store'd
room
rich
sweetie
foundation
attuned

**photo provided by Bluebird Scraps by Sandra Martin