Thursday, June 16, 2011

Which door...



[Parable] 6/16/11
This morning as I was getting ready for work Keely was playing outside on the porch (We have a huge wrap around porch...) Anyway, I kept having to ask her to come in, I just couldn't watch her while I was getting ready and to make things worse, I was running late.. So, over and over, "Keely, please come inside..."   Later, I went into the bathroom and was about to close the door, however, right before the door latched Keely came busting though... I turned around and said, "Wait just a minute."  I then continued to close the door.  Well, she would not accept that request and kept pushing through the door... I finally in a stern voice, "Keely, stop! Close the door!" Keely said, "But I want to come in."  I, having had enough at this point, shut the door rather hard and said, "No, Ke just want!"


Revelation 3:20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Quickened Rhema: "Leg to stand on..."

After pondering that for a bit I remembered that it was from Sandy Warner's Rhema...
http://www.thequickenedword.com/rhema/HelloThisIsGodSpeaking.htm



"RHEMA 9/17/00 GOD HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR!

CONFIRMATION: This was really precious to me. This morning at prayer meeting I asked pastor if he had seen any pictures. He often sees them and then doesn’t share because he gets worried they may not be the Lord since he doesn’t understand them. The Lord so far has always given me a clear gift to interpret them for the body.

Pastor’s wife heard the Lord say, “What leg?” She felt she was supposed to ask me that question. It hit me between the eyes as I put the pieces together.

The first piece: I heard the Lord today say, "Language and boxes." Lately I have been wrestling with the Lord about how I hear Him. I hear the strangest things and I can piece them together, but sometimes they apply to several people all at once, and each mean something different. I know that sounds OK, but the phrases are sometimes really strange until you think them through. I have just wanted to hear Him in normal every day language and have it be a nice conversation... but it is in dark speech and sometimes I wonder if it is the Lord until after it is confirmed.

Bobby Conner said tonight that we put God in a box and try to make Him talk like we want Him to!!!! God told him, “I CAN TALK ANY WAY I WANT TO.” I was blown away when he said that. Then Bobby said, we are the clay, He is the Potter. I get that scripture all the time about arguing with the potter and have been wondering what I have been arguing about!!!

So God, in His hilarious and strange way, says to Pastor’s wife, "What leg??????" That is PERFECT language for how He talks to me!!!! The answer is. NO LEG. I do not have a leg to stand on in how He chooses to speak to me.

[end quote]


Personal Lesson: I can't ask God for more of him then dictate how and when I get more... The more may not always be exactly what I am asking ..but it is the more that He knows I need... I don't get to chose how I get more... He is sovereign... not me! No matter what door He chooses to knock on... I am to open it and open it widely!!  Thank you Lord!