Monday, July 4, 2011

...Can You Smell the Candle of the Lord?


Candle 3
[smell] 7/3/11

6/2911
A QW member posted that she had had her sense of smell opened by the Lord as she was able to smell a candle burning..as if it were right under her nose.  However, there was no candle there...no incense just a candle burning.

7/3/11
Spent the day in thoughtful prayer... as I just felt that the emergence of something new and fresh... I have felt for a couple of weeks that this holiday, this July 4th would mark the next great move of God this year...As a fresh anointing would fall...an awaking...  And as I spent the day pondering this,  twice I would, randomly as though it seemed, smell a candle burning.. no incense.. just a candle burning.. It would only be for a sec or two at a time but it happened two times...

7/4/11
Awakened this morning with the spirit of God so heavy... and as I am conversing with friends via the www and lifting the workings of the Lord up, again I smell a candle burning... only for a couple of secs but this would be the third time in two days!  As I mention this to the QW member that first experienced this opening of  "smell" she forwarded to me this article which is both a confirmation for the sense of smell as well as for the awaking:

  http://definingwords.com/2011/03/24/break-open-the-smelling-salts/

"Smelling salts of antiquity were also known as salt or spirit of hartshorn.  The hooves and horns of the hart, or deer, were ground to extract their high levels of ammonia.  This process is no longer needed now that ammonia can be synthetically made.  The deer in scripture symbolizes the passionate pursuer of the heart of God.  In Psalm 18:33 we read, “He maketh my feet like hinds’ [feet], and setteth me upon my high places.”  My husband also informs me that deer hooves are split for greater traction when climbing.  If we are to become the smelling salts of the earth, it won’t be for our wierdity.  It’ll be for the sake of our chase.  The catalyst for the awakening, will be the passionate soul who dares to climb the heights in relentless pursuit of his Holy God.  The horns of the hart speak of heart-felt intercession.  It’s a simple recipe for a really potent concoction.
So, when the Lord whispers, “smelling salts” into my spirit, He’s about to break open a pack.  Thank goodness, a little spirit of hartshorn goes a long way in producing an awakening effect.  It only ever takes a few chasers to rouse the sleeping masses.
A Word of Confirmation
After hearing me share on the smelling salts this weekend, one of my friends (and an intercessory prayer warrior) handed me a transcript of a prayer session that happened three weeks ago.  Here’s an excerpt:
Thank you for the smelling salts that you are breaking over us.  You are causing your bride to awaken.  You said that we are the salt of the earth.  You are renewing that salt within us.  We declare an awakening to our first love.  You are not condemning the bride… You have been gazing upon us all these years, upon our beauty because you love us, and you know the end from the beginning.  Let this message ring clear… there is no condemnation.  Our lover, our Lord has broken the vile over us… -Claudia Valenta"
[end quote]


Psalm 18:28

King James Version (KJV)
 28For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

The Lord is enlightening the darkness... opening new gifts... awaking the sleeping bride...!! 

Father, I offer to  you all my senses Lord take them and use them for your glory~